Do you wish to protect your furry little friend? Well, cats can be very adventurous. They can run around and enter into places they are not supposed too. This is when pet gates become important.
As you browse through the internet, you will come across a wide range of pet gates.
A single gate may not satisfy all your requirements. That is why you should understand what your top priorities are. Then, pick a gate that satisfies most (if not all) of your requirements. So, how would you choose a pet gate for your cat? Here are a few pointers to help you.
How to choose a pet gate for your cat?
As mentioned previously, there are so many factors controlling the process of picking a pet gate. This task can be terribly overwhelming and confusing.
To begin with, you must ensure that the gate is sturdy and strong. The strength required depends on where you are planning to install the gate. Two, you should ensure that the gate is convenient. You must be able to go through the gate without any hassles or tussles.
Three, the pet gate must have interesting features like auto-close. These features will ensure that the gate is easy to use. After all, you are going to use the pet gate on a day to day basis. It must be stress-free and unconditionally convenient.
With this being said and after serious research, we have identified three pet gates for you! These gates are ideal for cats.
1. Cumbor 40.6 inch Auto-Close Cat Door with Arch
This pet gate from Cumbor measures 30.5 inches tall and 29.5 to 40.6 inches wide. Undeniably, this gate fits on most doors. Since the gate is wide, walking through the gate is easy. You can block your furry crawlers easily by this pet gate. Bottom or top of the stairs, this gate suits most places in the home.
The Cumbor 40.6 inch pet gate has a brand new design. It features a double lock safety mechanism. This safety feature ensures that the animal stays inside and cannot open the gate. In simpler terms, the gate keeps your animal friend within limits. Also, the patented arch (measures 7 x 8 inches) looks absolutely stunning. It blends with most interiors and has a clean finish.
Few notable benefits of this pet gate would be:
- The gate is made of steel. It can handle an impact of 210 pounds. The gate will not fall when your child or pet pushes it. Doesn’t this sound like “peace of mind”?
- This is a pressure-mount and a hardware-mount pet gate. The gate comes with all required equipment for drill- and pressure-based installation.
- The double safety lock serves its purpose perfectly! You don’t have to worry about your pet opening the gate and roaming freely in your home.
- The pet gate has an auto-close mechanism. You don’t have to worry about staying behind and waiting for the door to close! Everything happens automatically.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration if someone tells that there are very few drawbacks in this model.
Most people misunderstand that the frame is broken when the belt gets cut. Well, the brand has to provide adequate instructions in its manual to avoid this confusion.
2. Carlson Extra Tall Pet Gate
Carlson Pet is a renowned brand in manufacturing pet gates. Most of the time, pet owners were investing their time and money on baby gates. Unfortunately, baby gates cannot be used as pet gates. And, Carlson Pet resolved this situation with their stunning pet gates.
The brand designs exquisite gates for pets. The gates are chew-proof, made of non-toxic materials and is sturdy. The gates suit all kinds of lifestyles and all types of pets.
Carlson Pet has gates that are high enough to prevent cats from jumping, and ones that are low enough to let them walk across. The Carlson Black Extra Tall Walk Thru Pet Gate is meant for large dogs and naughty cats.
It is designed to stop animals that are more likely to jump! The gate is tall and is completely chew-proof. This means, an angry pet will not be able to chew and destroy the pet gate.
Important benefits of the Carlson Black Extra Tall Walk Thru Gate would be:
- The gate is quite convenient to walk through. It opens freely and closes automatically. You don’t have to worry about leaving the door accidentally open.
- The pet gate has a small 8 x 8 door. This door allows small animals to walk through.
- The gate comes with expandable panels. It is ideal for 29 to 36.5 inch openings. Nevertheless, you can use the extension panels and expand it as much as required.
- This is a pressure-mount pet door. You don’t have to worry about drilling into expensive hardware.
The only issue with this pet door would be its small opening. Some owners claim that the opening is too big.
3. Carlson Home Design Extra Tall Pet Gate
Undeniably, this is one of the widest pet gates in the market. The gate opens from 29 to 42 inches! And, it is as tall as 37 inches for improved security. In fact, the gate’s smallest door measures 10 x 7 inches.
This would be the biggest “small” door you will find in a pet gate. If you want to keep a fluffy cat within limits, this gate is meant for you. Both small and big cats can pass through the door easily.
- Impressive benefits of this pet gate from Carlson Pet would be:
- The gate follows a simple pressure mount mechanism. You don’t need any equipment or tools to complete installation.
- Thanks to its one touch safety lock system, the door closes easily, with a single tap.
- The gate has a high end finish. It is made of exquisite New Zealand pinewood.
- You can install the pet gate anywhere, ranging from top of stairs, bottom of stairs, doorways, hallways and open spaces.
Some pet owners consider its enormous width as a flaw. Well, if you are unable to use the width completely, this gate is not for you. Also, installation has to be done perfectly. Else, the gate will start to wobble! Ouch, this is something you should watch out for.
This is Alisha Richardson. I am the founder of TopRatedForBaby.com. I am a professional content writer and blogger. I love to share my experience on this blog.