Are you finding it difficult to keep your pet dog inside a cage? Or, is your puppy running into important things in your home? If yes, you are certainly not alone. Most pet owners face the trouble of their furry friends getting into things they should not.
This could be anywhere like a room, the staircase, or the doorway.
Regardless of how much you try, the little ones can find a way everywhere. This is why you should buy a good indoor pet gate. This is a must-have for people with pets.
Pet gates are designed in a variety of configurations and sizes.
Not all pet gates are the same. This is why you should stay alert when shopping for them. You must focus on its durability, strength, quality, and installation method. Read more about a baby gate for the fireplace.
How to choose a pet gate?
First things first! You must ensure that the gate is sturdy. This is a very important question to ask about the pet gate. When you decide to spend a few more bucks, the quality, appearance, and sturdiness of the gate will improve.
Yet, choose a gate with the following aspects in mind:
- The gate should be easy to operate. How would you open the gate with a hot cup of tea in one hand? Try to avoid pet gates that need you to step over for going through.
- The gate should be big enough. Always measure the area you are planning to cover. If you want to cover a bigger area, pick gates with extensions.
- How big is your animal? The gate should be at least 3/4th the height of your pet animal. It should not be able to jump over it.
- Does your dog have weird chewing habits? If yes, avoid gates that are made of wood and plastic. Instead, pick gates that are made of metal.
1. Cumbor Auto-Close Safety Gate for Dog
This is a durable pet gate, which measures 29.5-40.6 inches wide and 31 inches tall. The gate comes with extension panels. That means you can expand the gate easily and effortlessly. Unlike many other metal gates in the market, this product is easy to assemble.
It takes less than half an hour to assemble this pet gate.
Also, you can bring down the gate quickly. The gate features four separate pressure points. The pressure mounts can be adjusted. This way you can ensure that the gate is securely installed. Of course, if you want to install the gate permanently, use its hardware mounts. The pet gate comes with wall cups for installing on walls.
Few interesting benefits of the Cumbor Walk-Thru Pet gate would be:
- The gate features a double lock system. The safety lock is difficult to open by both children and pets.
- The pet gate features an auto-close mechanism. This feature ensures peace of mind amongst pet owners. You don’t need to worry about manually closing the door.
- The gate is extremely sturdy.
- The gate has an arch that can be used to divide the space between several animals. For example, you can divide the gate to keep dogs on one side and cats in the other.
Most buyers claim that the gate’s frame has to be handled with care. If you overstrain the frame, it might break. Ouch! This is why you should read the installation guide carefully.
2. Cumbor Auto-Close Extra Tall and Extra Wide Dog Gate
As suggested by its name, this pet gate is extremely tall and wide. The gate is nearly 43.3 inches wide. This means you can cover a bigger area without any issues. The gate features an efficient auto-close mechanism. Apart from securing pets, you can use this gate to safeguard your toddlers too.
Wow, doesn’t this make the Cumbor Extra tall and Extra wide gate a multi-use product? Yes, indeed! The locking mechanism cannot be accessed by the pet or toddlers. However, adults can pass through the gate easily.
Three important benefits of this pet gate would be:
- The gate is made of steel. This makes the gate extremely sturdy. The design can handle a pressure of 210 pounds.
- Installing this dog gate is extremely easy. This is a pressure-mounted gate. That means you don’t have to drill any holes in your home.
- The gate closes perfectly. Even a small nudge is sufficient to close and lock the gate.
There are very few drawbacks in this product. To be more precise, the so-called drawback is a part of the design. The gate has a prominent gap between the frame and the door latch. This is not a defect. However, large animals can break through this gap (with some effort). Also, you should measure the space to be covered. This dog gate doesn’t fit in areas between 35 and 38 inches.
3. Cumbor 40.6 Inch Auto-Close Durable Walk-Thru Dog Gate with Extension
This is yet another product from the brand Cumbor. What makes this walk-thru gate special would be its extra-large walk area. The door allows even a big stroller through. The dog gate is made of steel and can handle an impact of 150 pounds.
Thus, you don’t have to worry about your pet bringing the gate down. If you have a naughty pet at home, this gate will be extremely useful.
- Important benefits of this dog gate are:
- The dog gate is extremely sturdy. It will keep your furry family safe and sound.
- The gate is 40.6 inches wide. It will fit in any stairway or hallway easily.
- The lock is designed ergonomically.
- The auto-close functionality gives a sense of comfort and safety.
With time, and frequent usage this dog gate can become noisy. The opening and closing of the door might produce a slamming noise. Fortunately, this is the only drawback of this wonderful product.
This is Alisha Richardson. I am the founder of TopRatedForBaby.com. I am a professional content writer and blogger. I love to share my experience on this blog.