If you have babies in your family and you want to go out with them. You won’t be able to carry them all the time and for this, you must have a stroller. Stroller is a hand-pushed vehicle which is used to carry babies and little infants. Kids absolutely love riding in it as every single stroller is comfortable and enjoyable. For more, you can also check out baby stroller with car seat reviews.
Different Types of Strollers
1) Standard Stroller
These are also called full-sized/regular size strollers or regular size strollers, which have seats usually designed to allow babies to lie comfortably.
2) Jogging Stroller
As the name suggests, these strollers can provide a smooth ride on any surface. These strollers often come with five point harness and are really fit for jogging parents.
3) Lightweight or Umbrella Strollers
This kind of stroller is usually cheaper and lighter in weight than other strollers. These strollers are used for children of ages more than 2.
4) Double Strollers
This stroller can come in two ways. It may hold two kids in one seat. In such case, one sits behind the other making it easy to operate as its width remains as compact as a typical stroller. Otherwise, it may be a side by side stroller. Side by side strollers can hold two children of different ages per seat, simultaneously (if the seat fits their size).
How to choose the best stroller for babies and toddlers?
Before buying a stroller for your kids, you have to keep in mind some of the useful techniques and features such as the weight limit, wheel suspension, seat recline, price, ride smoothness and necessary configurations etc., which help you in buying the best stroller for your baby. Some methods which help you is choosing the best stroller are:
1) Wheels: It sounds weird but wheels make all the difference. For long walks, large wheels work the best. Lightweight wheels, however, are better short strolls with in the city, because they are compact and easy to push.
2) Amortization: Good support and a proper suspension system (like mountain bike style suspension), can prevent your baby from shocks. Babies’ spines and back are very delicate in initial days so choosing a right suspension is necessary.
3) Good Design: The strollers of 2021 have many great features. It can easily fold, fits through standard doorways, is light in weight, has durable seats, reasonable price, easy to maneuver and can protect your child in hot summers too.
4) Reversible seats: If you have an infant, car seat is a very crucial feature which you might look into a stroller. Many parents prefer their kids to face them, so having an adjustable car seat is brilliant. Near flat seats are also a great addition.
5) The storage basket underneath the seat: Very useful for parents as it helps to keep heavy bags underneath the stroller seat while on a ride. Hanging bags on the handlebar might increase the risk of tipping over because of the weight of the bags being heavier than the child weight.
Our Picks for the Best Double Strollers
1) Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System
This is a multipurpose double stroller design for parents. This best convertible double stroller has a unique slide system from single to double that expands the frame to adjust a second baby behind the first one. Evenflow Pivot Xpand modular stroller has an extra-large storage basket to keep your items near you all the time. The one handed fold easily self stands with toddler seat attached with the stroller.
This double stroller has 22 stroller configurations which means you can change its configuration in 22 different ways. It allows the baby to sit at different heights, reclined and facing towards their parents.
This stroller can be used for kids of age up to 6 years. It can bear a vast child weight limit, ranging from 20 pounds to over 45 pounds, which is quite impressive.
This stroller allows the car seat adapter to convert the seat into toddler mode. This will improve the comfort for the infant and toddlers.
This double stroller might be one of the best double strollers on the market with many valuable features, but its canopy doesn’t provide UV protection for your baby. A UV filtering umbrella is sold separately, however.
There is no snack tray in front of the seat for the toddler.
2) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Stroller
This stroller keeps your baby secure with the safety harness which the company assures. It also contains a brake and locking wheels which help you at slant locations. You can use the weight of your foot to press the brake.
Parents can hydrate themselves by storing beverages in the dual cup holder and also get comfortable with the handles and the large storage space below the seat. It also comes with one handed easy to fold system.
This contains a parent tray with 2 cup holders. Also, provides a useful snack tray in front of the seat with an adjustable handlebar.
If you need a double stroller that can fold by using one hand, this is the best double stroller you can get. The size is big so toddlers or two children can comfortably adjust in the seat without any problem.
The canopy is adjustable, so you can manually remove the shade from the stroller.
You cannot put 2 infant car seats in this stroller at once. You can only put one single baby at a time.
It doesn’t contain a padded backrest, which is very uncomfortable for kids to relax for longer rides..
3) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller
This double stroller is perfect for a family with more than one baby. You can easily adjust two babies per seat. There is a large basket for storage. The sit N stand combines maximum comfort with an attractive style and it will make your trip easy and enjoyable. The front seat has a removable canopy and the rear seat has a fixed canopy that is used to protect the kid from harmful sun radiation.