Do you now that every six minutes a little one incurs stairways-related injuries in the United States of America? Stairway injuries are increasing rapidly. This is why you need secure ways of protecting your child. There are two types of baby gates:
Pressure mounted and hardware mounted gates. As suggested by its name, the hardware mounted baby gates are designed to be fixed onto walls. They come with screws that can be attached to any wall or frame.
The gate’s bracket must be carefully installed on the frame. And, the frame should be installed behind walls so that it doesn’t fall down. When compared to the pressure mounted baby gates, the hardware ones are more sturdy and safer.
They are ideal for hazardous spaces and the top of the stairs.
How to choose the best hardware mounted baby gate?
Of course, the baby gate should be made of reliable and sturdy hardware. And, it must be void of entrapment issues. Apart from these qualities, you should look for the following features in a hardware-mounted baby gate:
- Is the gate tall? If your child is adventurous, the gate should be at least ¾ the height of your child. He/she should not be able to climb and jump over the gate.
- Most hardware mounted baby gates are sturdy. But, it would be wise to look into its even finish. The surface must not have any splinters. It must be smooth and the edges should be rounded.
- Is the baby gate made of metal or wood? Generally, metallic baby gates are more durable.
- Is the product certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association? This certificate proves that the baby gate has met important safety standards.
With this being said, here are few hardware-mounted baby gates for you.
1. Summer Infant Multi-Use Deco Walk-Thru Gate
If you are looking for a gate that is both stylish and useful, this produce from Summer Infant will suit your need. The Multi-Use Deco Extra Tall Baby gate is extremely attractive. It can be adjusted to suit any door opening, hallway or stairway. The gate comes with two options: pressure mount and hardware mount.
This means the gate has special mounting points for secure installation. The Summer Infant Multi-Use Deco baby gate is ideal for babies between 6 and 24 months. It comes in two different colors: bronze and beige. The gate carefully accommodates 28.5 to 48 inch openings. And, it is 36 inches tall.
This product from Summer Infant is loaded with many interesting benefits:
- It works as a pressure-mount and a hardware-mount baby gate. This means you can install the gate without any drilling. Or, you can install it permanent at the bottom/top of stairways.
- Undeniably, this is a multi-use baby gate.
- The gate features an auto-close option. As you walk through the baby gate, its door will gently close. You don’t have to worry about closing the door.
- The gate opens in both the directions. And, you can handle the gate with a single hand.
- The gate features a dual locking system. Thus, the gate will remain locked and secure all the time!
Price would be the only drawback of this multi-use gate. When most baby gates are priced between 25 and 50 USD, this hardware-mounted baby gate is sold at 90 USD.
2. North States Easy Swing & Lock Gate
North States is a pioneer in manufacturing gates for babies and pets. They have been in the market since the 1950s. North States designs and produces gates that are of superior standards. The gates are often easy to use, durable and safe. All gates from North States is designed perfectly to meet and exceed the requirements of the JPMA.
Quality means everything to this brand. And, that is why you can pick a North States baby gate without any worries. The Easy Swing & Lock Gate is designed to complement any interior décor. It has a matte bronze surface.
And, the gate is constructed using steel. This makes the gate extremely strong and sturdy.
Interesting benefits of the North States Easy Swing & Lock Gate would be:
- The gate is extremely stylish. The brand doesn’t compromise on style for improved safety.
- The gate ensures that there are no trip issues. Many baby gates are designed with a “trip” bar.
- This increases the chances of elders tripping and falling. Fortunately, the North States Easy
- Swing and Lock Gate doesn’t suffer from this hazard. You can move through the gate without any hassles or tussles. Thus, the gate is ideal for top of the stairways.
One, installation can be a trouble with the North States Easy Swing and Lock gate. You must read through the installation manual before fixing this gate. Two, the connectors are made of plastic. Though the gate is extremely sturdy, the connectors make installation weak and difficult.
3. Evenflo Easy Walk-Thru, Top-of-Stairs Gate
Evenflo designs gates that can be used in high traffic areas. Places like doorways and the stairways will be used every day. It is important to install gates that can handle high traffic. Not all brands and baby gates are designed to tackle serious traffic.
This is when brands like Evenflo become useful. Evenflo Easy Walk-Thru Baby Gate is designed with many impressive features. For instance, you have a safety lock indicator. This indicator shows red/green and lets us know if the gate is locked or not. And, it has an easy-glide mechanism that lets us open/close the gate with a single hand.
This gate is filled with many useful, and reliable benefits:
- You can install this hardware mounted baby gate in less than 15 minutes.
- The Evenflo Easy Walk-thru gate can be used in multiple places like the play areas, doorways, bottom/top of stairs, hallways, laundry rooms and kitchens.
- The gate supports one-hand handling. The design is ergonomic and easy for everyday use.
- The gate swings in both the directions. This makes walking through the gate easy.
Most parents are wary about the gate’s latch system. This is because the latch system is made of weak plastic. With time, the latch is bound to face wear-and-tear issues.
This is Alisha Richardson. I am the founder of TopRatedForBaby.com. I am a professional content writer and blogger. I love to share my experience on this blog.